Wednesday, December 30, 2009

SNOW!

So, it's snowed a bit yesterday and today. I thought I'd be a good girl and go into work a second day this week. The snow didn't seem that bad, so I thought it would be managable. I shoveled the driveway and, with a little effort, got the car onto the road. The roads were bad, but I thought I would try it and see. Things were slick and I slid not to far from home, but I kept going. I got to the freeway when I chickened out. I was only going about 30 mph and saw a truck slide off the road. At that point I got off the freeway and headed home. Things were ok until I got to 1100 North, where there's a pretty good hill . We bought four new tires a year ago so the tires are, or at least were, in pretty good shape. It took me FOREVER to get back up 1100 North and there were multiple times where I thought I was going to have to walk it home. After some shoveling, some pushing, lots of attempts including Jeff driving around the neighborhood for a different approach, we finally got it in. So, now I'm happily a homebody today and very very greatful that I can work from home.
On a good note, the boys are going to go sledding at the pit instead. At least there's some good to the snow!

No comments: