I have to make this quick, but I had to write this down. Apparently I was a mean mom today. The boys got to play at a friend's house and when I picked them up, I told them we were going to the doctor's office to get shot. My doctor's office finally had an ample supply of the swine flu shot. In hindsight, it was a very bad idea to tell them. Nathan was already tired and a little out of control. He ended up whining/crying for the entire 10 minutes to get to the doctor's office. I told them we'd get ice cream afterwards, but it still took until we got to the doctor's office before he calmed down. We made it into the office ok and they handled everything well up until the time for the shot came. I got mine first and did just fine. The nurse asked who's next and Zach raised his hand and said "Me!". He was just fine with everything and climbed up on my lap. However, he didn't handle the shot itself well and had big alligator tears running down his cheeks. We told Nathan he was next and he wanted nothing to do with the shot, even though I had explained multiple times about why we were getting them. Nate climbed up on the stool he was sitting on and held on for dear life. I tried to pick him up and ended up picking the stool up as well since he had a death grip on it. I was finally able to pry his fingers off of the stool and sat him on my lap. However, he had a long sleeved shirt on and I had to then try to take his shirt off of that arm and he, once again, wanted nothing to do with that. We were finally able to give him the shot and he wailed about that for a while. So, I ended up with the two boys crying while Addison sat in her car seat, smiling away at the nurse. No worries, she has her 6 month vaccinations on New Years Eve so I guess I get to be mean mom then as well.
In the end, after fruit snacks and the promise of ice cream, they calmed down and we were able to leave. I did take them to Macey's to get ice cream and now all is right with the world again. I told Jeff my tale and he felt sorry for the boys. He absolutely hates needles and said there was one time when he was 6 or 7 that he hid under a chair in the waiting room because they were supposed to give him a shot. I'm supposed to take the boys in for a booster in a month, so don't give Nate any ideas or I might have to pull him out from under a chair as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment