Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 things

So, I did this on facebook, and decided I might as well post it here too. The crazy thing is, I'm a pretty private person, so what am I thinking?? Anyhow, here goes...

1) I've been married almost 9 years now to an amazing guy and it's crazy to think I'm getting so old. Where has the time gone?

2) 1) I have 2 1/2 wonderful kids. Crazy boys who make me smile on a daily basis. I'm constantly reminded of how lucky I am every moment I spend with them.

3) There are a lot of things I didn't do until I got married. I had never been out of the country until my honeymoon to Cozumel, Mexico (PARADISE!!!). It was also my first time scuba diving other than certification and it was amazing.

4) I had also never been skiing until I met my hubby. Granted, I haven't gone this year, but last year I was even doing some black diamonds. Not too shabby for someone that hadn't been until in their 20's, doesn't go that often, and never had a formal lesson. I also love fresh powder off the trails and I'm slowly working my way into jumps

5) I'm getting old. I specifically remember being in the car with my father-in-law before I got married and he had talk radio on. I thought, "that's such an old person thing to do". Now, I've been known to listen to talk radio for the last couple of years by my own free will and choice. We've also spent a lot of time talking about finances with my sister-in-law and her husband lately. Yup, I'm getting old.

6) I used to "cook from a box" (i.e. hamburger helper) and I slowly becoming a better cook. I'm now making bread instead of buying it and it's actually really good. I've come a long way baby!

7) I cry at movies. I even cried at "Babe".

8) I never had really had grandparents growing up. The last one died when I was 2. Because of that, it's extremely important to me that my kids have grandparents which is one of the reasons es we still live close to both sets. I've threatened all of them that, if something happens and they die, I'll jump on their graves. My kids need to have their grandparents!!!!

9) I'm not creative, I'm logical. Try as I might, that's just the way I am.

10) One of my dreams as a kid was to go to law school. I know, I'm crazy. I went to school and got a degree as a paralegal, with the intention of going to law school if I liked it. I got married and it put law school on hold, but I've been encouraged by a lot of people to go to law school. I'm trying to decide if it's right for my family, but I refuse to go until at least all of my kids are in school.

11) I have a strong work ethic and because of that, I have an unusual situation at work where they let me set my own schedule and pretty much do whatever I want as long as meet the deadlines that need to be done.

12) I deeply love my family and think that being at home with my kids is very important. However, I still need to work. Because of that I'll only go into the office one day a week, which is frequently a 14-17 hour day, so I can be home with my family the rest of the time. It's an unusual situation, but I think it works for my family. My boys are only at their best friend's house for about 7 hours until Jeff picks them up, and I think they actually really enjoy it. Unusual and a bit challenging, but works for us.

13) I've become a food storage junkie. I really like knowing I have food storage "just in case". I was thrilled I got Christmas presents related to food storage.

14) I'm "frugal". My hubby calls it cheap, but I think it's just being smart. I hate to pay full price and frequently try to get the best bar gin possible. I don't haggle, at least yet!

15) Ever since I took an art history class in high school, my dream has been to go to Florence, Italy. Of course, I've been to "frugal" to make that happen, but we'll make it there one day

16) I was really shy as a little girl, to the point where I had to have my brother introduce me to the girl next door. Now I can strike up conversations with complete strangers in the elevator, but can still be shy and quiet around people I'll see on a regular basis, like people in the neighborhood. I don't understand it myself, but that's just how I am

17) The only bone I've ever broken to date is my coccyx (tailbone) when my second child was born.

18) I was a bit of a tomboy growing up, but that probably came in part from being the only girl with four brothers. I still like to camp and hike and stuff, but will also do some girly stuff too.

19) In high school, I took a psychology class only because I had to for an elective. I ended up loving it. My teacher asked me if I wanted to take the AP test, though I hadn't taken the AP class. I ended up studying for two weeks and got a 4 out of 5. Two weeks of studying ended up giving me 4 college credit hours.

20) I'm independent and always have been.

21) I have very vivid dreams almost every night. Some days I wake up and just giggle about them

22) In high school and after high school up until I got married I think I had more guy friends than girl friends. Some of my best friends were guys. Of course when I met Jeff he became my best friend.

23)I feel much better when my house is clean. I need order (though I don't always get it with my boys)

24) I'm still a kid at heart with a lot of things and will go down slides with my kids or order a kids meal for me. I may be old, but I'm not ready to be totally grown up

25) it may not be perfect, but I'm so grateful for my life and the opportunities I've had. I'm constantly reminded of how lucky I am when I get to spend time with my wonderful hubby and cute little boys

3 comments:

Merfy said...

Love your 25 Mel! You are a great mom and friend! Keep up the good work!

Maurina said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you to have another baby. Your kids are so cute.

I'm was happy to see you today. I'm sorry I didn't stop to talk. I was almost late getting Aurora to school. You look great!

Allysa said...

I have known you all of your life but yet I didn't know you...this has really opened up my eyes to the whole person you are. This I did know, you are a wonderful mom, wife, daughter, sister and niece...love you!!