Friday, February 27, 2009

Monkey and teddy bear

So, my boys have their favorite stuffed animals that they usually sleep with every night. We got Nate his monkey at build-a-bear when he was six months old through a gift certificate and he has been VERY loved. He's made it through the wash multiple times (because he was filthy) and has survived much better than other stuffed animals that have gone through the wash. Monkey usually just stays on Nate's bed, but he's also been thrown in the air multiple times and lately, Monkey and Zach's monkey he got from Grandma have ridden down the stairs in a cardboard box multiple times. It's been a dear friend who has been VERY loved. He looks a little ragged after five years of love, but he's still a dear friend.
When Zach was a baby, we got him a build-a-bear dog. However, the favorite ended up being a teddy bear that Zach got from his Uncle Jake. Teddy Bear has also been very loved, but hasn't been through quite as much as Monkey has, though we'll have to see how aged his looks when Zach is five.
Zach and I went to run errands the other day while Nate was at preschool and Zach wanted to take Teddy with us. He's been a little more attached to Teddy lately and has given him lots of hugs and kisses. He also always joins Zach for bedtime and nap time, but he usually doesn't leave the house so I was surprised when Zach wanted to take him with. Anyhow, we took Teddy with us. After one stop, I got Zach in the truck and got him buckled. He then asked for Teddy to be buckled as well. I thought it was so cute that I took a picture:



Just another one of those moments I don't want to forget as he gets older