So, for Valentine's Day this year we decided to be a little different. Jeff had mentioned that he wanted to go to Arches before his Parks pass expired at the end of February. I made a deal with him that instead of doing anything for Valentine's day, we could get a hotel in Moab for one night and go to Arches. Jeff had a side job on Valentine's day (which I'm TOTALLY ok with), and so we couldn't do it that weekend and decided to do it on February 20-21st. I thought that would be great and was ok with taking the boys with. We did that this weekend and the boys had an awesome time, but I'll save that post for later.
In the day's before V-day, both Nathan and Zach got to have some parties. On Wednesday, Zach had a party with his playgroup and he loved it. We addressed Valentine's the Monday night before and he was so excited to be ready for his party. He would randomly come up to Jeff and I and tell us he was all ready for his party. He had a fabulous time, thanks to Erica and Julane, and talked about his party for the next couple of days. He got a couple of Valentine's from friends that he kept in his room. There was at least one time that he wanted to go to bed with a couple of his Valentine's.
I had playgroup the Thursday before Valentine's so we also got to go a party at our house and the boys had a great time, even though a couple of their friends didn't get to come because they were sick. I got the boys some glow sticks and it's amazing how entertained 4-5 year olds can be with glow sticks! Anyhow, they had fun with that as well.
Finally, Nathan had a V-day party at Miss Melva's for preschool on Friday and had a great time. Erica picked him up from preschool and when he walked through the door, he was so excited and told me "Mom, I got tons of candy!". We sat on the bed and looked at his valentine's and candy and it thought it was awesome.
On Saturday, V-day, we went to Macey's (grocery store) for their kids club that day and the boys had a ton of fun. They got to make candy airplanes, make a present for dad, decorate a cookie, and get a box with magazines, a balloon, treats and a pencil, and a toy. They thought it was one of the funnest things ever. I love Macey's, and I love that it was free! An
Finally, that night we had Grandma and Grandpa Hillhouse over for dinner. We had crab as a special treat (since it was on sale) and I really did try to share with my boys. Of course I gave them a bunch of other stuff to eat so I didn't have to share as much, but I did share, I promise! Anyhow, for a low-key week, the boys had a ton of fun. Jeff loves crab and he enjoyed the night as well. He's a sweetie. I'm glad I have him! I'll post about Moab soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment