Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Laundry

I've been trying to potty train Addison lately, but last night she had an accident and had wet clothes. Jeff told her to take her dirty clothes downstairs to the laundry room. She did, but she was down there for a while and I was wondering what she was doing. She came up after a while and I didn't think much of it. About 40 minutes later, I was in the basement and heard a noise. I looked around and found the washer was going, with about eight minutes left on the cycle. I was very confused since I had been doing laundry earlier in the day, but not recently and I thought I had put those clothes in the dryer. I opened the washer and found that Addi had put her purple pants and purple underwear in the washer with the batch of whites that I had been doing earlier. I'm assuming the whites were already in the washer, though I thought I had put them in the dryer. There was also an eraser that had been in Nathan's pants that I had taken out and had on the ground in front of the washer that made it inside the washer as well. Thankfully, the whites survived and didn't turn purple. Addi has watched me and "helped" do laundry many times in the past and apparently knows which buttons to push. Now I just need to teach her how to put the clothes in the dryer and fold them as well!

No comments: