I know I'm very behind, but I have a free afternoon so I'm trying to make an effort to catch up. Addi turned two this summer and boy, is she a two year old! I have to remind myself almost daily that drive and determination are very good characteristics that will get her far in life. She had an opinion, and knows what she wants! Even though it was the middle of summer, she insisted on wearing her pink jacket and I wasn't going to fight her about it! I love her dearly and I can't imagine life without my little girl. She absolutely adores her older brothers and is doing her best to hold her own. She has her daddy wrapped around her finger and I am so glad that he got to have a little girl. She says things, or runs to the stairs when he comes home from work and his heart just melts. She loves her family dearly and we are so lucky to have her in our lives. She loves playing with babies, my little ponies, dolls, and just about anything her brothers are doing. She likes to play with blocks, color, run races, ride bikes, jump on the trampoline, and dance. Since she was a baby, she has loved pigs. I'm not sure why, but she does. She has a piggy bank that her grandma found for her that oinks and wiggles its ears when you put money in and she adores it. She loves to show me anything with pigs on it, and loves to wear a shirt that had pigs. If she gets a chance to, she'll pick up my phone and beg for "piggies", which is an app with the three little pigs story.
She insists on doing anything she can on her own. "My do it" is one of her favorite phrases. She's also a very independent child and tries to do anything she can possibly do. I'm hoping to guide her in the right direction and let her know that there are boundaries. However, I think that most people who know her also know that she will likely be a leader among her friends as she gets older!
One of the funniest moments of the night was when we were doing cake and ice cream. Instead of a bucket of ice cream, I bought ice cream sandwiches, since they were on sale. I gave each of the kids an ice cream sandwich and Addi was thrilled. I gave each of the kids cake as well, and then sat down to eat an ice cream sandwich of my own. Addi came over to me with a handful of cake and handed it to me. Not knowing what was going on, I put my hand out and accepted her handful of cake. She then proceeded to take the ice cream sandwich out of my hand and walked off eating it. She apparently had traded me cake for the ice cream sandwich. Yes, my daughter knows what she wants!
Awesome supportive family that came!



No comments:
Post a Comment