Monday, April 2, 2012

little things

A couple little things. I'm trying my very hardest to keep up with everything, but it's not easy right now. I'm working full time and trying to do the mom thing full time as well. It's a huge juggling act. Especially since my hubby is working 50-60 hours a week as he's essentially trying to start his own business. I may be home six days a week, but its still a huge juggling act. Anyhow, I hadn't been able to go shopping and we were out of things that I could make for my son to take to lunch. I was trying to find cash for Nate for lunch and he said he could use his own money to pay for lunch. I told him that I didn't really want to do that since it's my responsibility to feed him and he said, "But Mom, it's my lunch". he's such a sweet kid, always willing to help out.
I help out in Zach's class on Mondays for a little bit and it's fun to watch the kindergarteners in there. It's such a fun age and it cracks me up. I help them out while they do their journals or other papers. Today I helped while their did their math papers. Afterwards they go to P.E. and I usually leave, but Zach asked me to stay to watch P.E. His sweet teacher said I could and I got to run laps with the kids, do jumping jacks, and stretching. I, sadly, am not flexible enough to touch my toes. the kids noticed and were telling me that it's easy to do and watch me do it. Apparently I need to work on my flexibility. I might as well tell you about how I just need to get into shape. We played at the part for a little bit Saturday evening and I challenged Nate to a race around the track. I was thinking in my head "it's just 400 meters. that's simple. I used to race 1600 meters with my best time as 6;23 for a mile. I can beat my eight year old". Well, he beat me. he's faster than I thought, and apparently I need to run more.
Addi was in a pretty good mood today. As part of lunch, we had leftover jello from a dinner last night (which I will hopefully write about this week). When I gave her some of the jello for her lunch, she said, "you the best mommy ever". Glad it doesn't take much to please her.

No comments: