Monday, April 30, 2012
Our latest Sunday Adventure
I told this story to my dad, and he said I needed to make sure to tell other people about this so, here goes:
It was Sunday morning and my husband was gone with the youth in our ward to serve at the Utah State Developmental Center to help push wheelchairs. I was left at home with my three darling kids to try to get them ready and out the door for church. I was left without a car and we needed to walk to church, which gave me a little less them to get ready then normal.
We were doing pretty good, but I was bouncing from one place to another trying to get kids ready. The boys were getting dressed on their own and my two year old daughter, Addi, insisted on getting ready on her own as well. She picked out her pink dress to wear so I pulled that down and gave her a pair of underwear to put on. I left her with her clothes and went to check on the boys. Addi came out dressed and I was proud of her for doing it on her own.
We finished getting ready and headed out the door. Amazingly, we were actually on time as well. I was feeling pretty good about things. We'd been in the meeting for a few minutes and, after the sacrament (about 15-20 minutes into the meeting), Addi said she needed to go to the bathroom. I took her into the bathroom and, in the process, found out that she wasn't wearing any underwear. Totally commando! Not a big deal for boys, but a pretty big necessity for girls wearing a dress. My jaw dropped. I didn't even think to check to make sure she had put the underwear on!
Since I didn't have a car, I'd have to walk home to get my daughter underwear since it was a necessity. Thankfully, I have a "Mary Poppin's purse", where I have all sorts of odds and ends in it (lesson learned from 8 years of parenthood). I had a slip on diaper which is underwear-ish that we were able to use. My new lesson learned is to always check to make sure my daughter had underwear on when wearing a dress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i can so see this! Love that little girl. glad you were prepared
Post a Comment