Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ewww, gross!

The kids and I had the opportunity to go to my cousin's wedding last night. It was a very nice ceremony and my kids and sat through it quietly, which made me happy. Nathan was sitting between me and my mom and, at one point, tried to put his arms around both of us, which was very tender. It was all very sweet and, at the end, the bride and groom kissed. Nathan quietly whispered to me and this was our conversation:

Nathan: "I didn't see that".
Me: "What, the kiss?"
Nathan: "Yes, I closed my eyes"
Me: "What, you closed your eyes during the kiss?"
Nathan: "Yes, because that's gross"
Me: *laughing*, "What, do you close your eyes when I kiss you on the cheek"
Nathan: "No. Just when people kiss on the lips, because that's gross"

It made me laugh. Jeff and I have teased him on occasion and made sure he was looking when he kiss. I'll have to make sure to do it more often. However, I am very glad that he thinks kissing on the lips is gross right now. I hope it lasts for a good few years.

No comments: