Friday, November 5, 2010

Croup

I hate croup. I was so scared the first time one of my kids had croup. I still hate it every time they have an attack, which is usually in the middle of the night. Nate woke up this morning at about 5:00 a.m. because he couldn't breathe. The nebulizer we usually use went back to my brother-in-law so we were without a nebulizer this morning. I went back to the old fashioned methods. We sat in the bathroom and had the shower going to build up the steam. When that didn't work, Nate and I rapped up in blankets and sat on the porch. It was actually a neat experience to sit on the porch and watch the stars. We got to talk for a while and his breathing seemed to improve. I enjoy those quite moments we get to be together. Even so, I hope we don't have to go through croup again.

No comments: