It seems like we can't get enough of the doctor's office this year. Over the weekend, Zach developed a cold and cough. He was really upset on Sunday because I wouldn't let him go to church. He also got really upset on Monday because I wouldn't let him play with friends. He started to wheeze a little yesterday and I debated if I should take him in. He had a rough night last night and woke up four times. I couple of the times he came into my room saying "Mom, I need medicine". However, because of the recent ban on giving toddlers cold and cough medicine, I couldn't do that much for him. We do love vicks vapor rub.
This morning, he still had some labored breathing, so I took him in. I was hoping I was just paranoid after having croup in the fall and pneumonia six weeks ago. Unfortunately, it wasn't paranoia. He did have a fever, ear infection, and wheezing. Because of the wheezing, he got a nebulizer treatment, a chest x-ray (first time), and prescriptions. The chest x-ray came back with a little spot, but nothing major. We were a little worried it's asthma, but the doctor doesn't want to label him with asthma yet. I think the true diagnosis right now is asthmatic bronchitis. Oh boy. He's been a happy little boy today and seems to be doing really well. Hopefully it's nothing and will go away soon.
SO, it just hit me that Nathan had to have a chest x-ray when I was pregnant with Zach because of concerns about a heart murmur (thankfully that turned out to be nothing) Now Zach had to have a chest x-ray today while I'm pregnant with our third child. Now ironic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No fun! I'm sorry that things have been rough lately. I hope that everyone is feeling better now! I also wanted to let you know that I left you a blog award over on my page. Feel free to come by and pick it up.
Post a Comment