So, we completed our latest home improvement project on Saturday. I finally broke down and got new windows for the house. The windows we had were 20 years old and pretty horrible. In the winter I could sit on our couch with the blinds closed and literally feel the draft come in. My brother works for a window company and he was able to get me a killer deal with their friends and family discount. We also broke down and had someone he knows install the windows since we wanted to actually improve our energy efficiency. Between the huge discount I got, the rebates we'll get through the power and gas companies, and that we can use part of the cost as a tax credit on our 2009 taxes next year, it wasn't that painful.
So, I've finally got windows crossed off the list. We've already talked about our next project will be. The problem is, most of the projects left, other than things like painting, will be pretty pricey and may have to wait a while. For now, I'll just be happy with the windows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment