Monday, May 4, 2009

Fun with flowers

On Saturday, Home Depot had their monthly kid's club project. We had a soccer game that was cancelled due to rain so we were able to make it to Home Depot for the project instead. Jeff was working so it was just me and the boys and I "helped" them build two wheelbarrow planters and then they were given flowers to put in the flowers. The project involved a lot of nailing and though I started the nails, the boys did a lot of the hammering. I was really quite impressed with how well both of them did.
After we finished at Home Depot, we ran to Walmart to pick up a birthday present for their cousin. They had tables set up in the toys department with bins of Lego's. They had a free project where people could build a Lego flower to give to their moms for Mother's Day. This project really involved me building the flowers for the boys. I was ready to give up a couple of times because we couldn't find all of the parts, but we persisted because Nathan wanted to complete it and we got it done. By the time we got home with our wheelbarrow planters and Lego flowers, I felt like I had really accomplished something and we had to take pictures to prove it!

No comments: