I really want to download vacation pictures, but I'm still waiting to get my card reader back, so I'll talk about recent events instead.
So, as you all know, election day was yesterday. I go to work on Tuesdays, so I thought I'd show up first thing in the morning so I could get to work on time. I left my house at 6:45 am to go to the grade school down the street to vote. I got in line at 6:50 a.m. at the latest. There was an amazing turnout, even before the polls opened. The line was so long, they had the line go through the school and rap around multiple hallways. After the polls opened, they sent the line outside. I'm a horrible gauge of numbers, but I'd say there were at the very least 50-75 people in line in front of me, and by about 7:20 am, there were probably 150+ people behind me. Like I said, my estimates are probably way off, but there were a LOT of people there. I've never seen anything quite like it. I asked other people in line and they said they had never seen anything quite like it as well. It was a big election year with the presidential election, among other things. I'm so grateful for the right to vote, even though I had about an hour wait in order to do it! I'm so grateful to live in a free country where we have so many rights and are able to elect leaders. Now let's hope that those leaders make wise decisions and choices and will lead us in the right direction.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment