Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Break- Week One

Nate and I were both pretty sad that school is over. We have really, truly, loved his first grade teacher. She has been absolutely amazing and he has learned so much. I'll do another post about her later. Even so, we were both pretty excited for the summer. I picked him up at the last day of school and we went to the park. Over the weekend they got to play, go to a birthday party, and go on a walk to Grandma and Grandpa's house for ice cream.
I switched my work schedule around, so the first day of the official summer break, I went to work and the kids stayed home. We did something a little different this summer and we made arrangements for two of our friend's daughters to watch the kids. They were pretty excited about that and had a great time. They got to go for a walk, make popsicles, have pizza, play hide and seek, ride bikes, and all sorts of other fun stuff. When I asked Zach that night what he thought, his response was "I actually had fun with them Mom". It made me giggle.
Nate decided to go soccer camp with the city this year, which ran from Monday through Thursday in the morning for a couple of hours. He got to do soccer camp with one of his friends and had a lot of fun with it. Zach chose to go t-ball this year, which was on both Tuesday and Thursday night. He had a great time and really enjoyed t-ball.
Last week, we also went to the swimming pool a couple of times and the kids loved it. When we got there the first time, I told the boys they could take their shirts off and go swimming. They proceeded to do so, and ran into the water. Because the boys took off their shirts, Addi thorugh she should take off her swimming suit as well. It took a bit of convincing that she was supposed to keep hers on. We eventually got it worked out and she had fun in the water.
Nate used to hate getting water on his face, but he's come a long way and is all about the water now. It makes going to the pool so much more enjoyable!
It took me too long to writ this post to try to remember everything now. We did a picnic, rode bikes, played with friends, and all sorts of fun summer activities. I also finally got to do some stuff in the yard, although I still have a long way to go.
Part of our Thursday adventures were to go out to lunch with Dad. The kids had a great time and we headed over to Trafalga to go play. Jeff had to work, so he didn't get to do much with us there, but the kids went miniature golfing and the boys are actually getting pretty good. Nate in particular. They also got to do one of the rides, and the merry go round. When we first got there, Addi say the horses on the merry go round and kept saying "neigh, neigh!". We got in line and she was excited. sh wasn't took sure when it started to move, but I stayed next to her and she handled it ok. However, she wasn't asking about the "neigh's" again for a while. The kids had a great time, we had to cut it short because Addi REALLY needed a nap.
On Saturday I was able to get a load of mulch that was dropped off by my dad and brother. We spent the morning doing yard work and then headed up to my brother's house for their cousin Eden's birthday party. She turned three and had Princess Aurora come to her party. Nate spent most of the time doing a craft where they made their royal crowns. Zach sat with me for a little bit and did ring around the rosie with the princess. However, when she first came and introduced herself, he pointed his light saber at her. Addi really didn't have anything to do with the princess and played on the swing set and in the kids playhouse. I asked her if she wanted to wear a dress and she said "no". I asked her if she wanted to see the princess and she said "no". She did her own thing for the most part and had a great time. We tried to take a picture with the princess and that didn't go over so well either. She had her own opinion and wanted to play, which was just fine.
After the party, we went to see Super Grandma and the kids loved it. They really love her and have a great time whenever they see her. Addi was so excited to show her the fish tank and the bird cage that was in the hallway. She kept going over to the fish tank and wanted to show Grandma all the fish. She is such a sweet lady and my kids absoultely adore her.
Our first week f summer was full of activities and I was exhausted by the end trying to fit in kids, work, housework, yardwork, and family stuff. I hope the kids had a great time.

1 comment:

Merfy said...

Summer is exhausting, but in a fun way! BTW the girls are having a fun time too and were sad to miss out this week!