Friday, June 3, 2011

Addison's Daddy

Addison has had her daddy wrapped around her finger, pretty much since the day she was born. He has called her princess since she was a baby and he has loved having a little girl. He thinks she's just adorable, most of the time. He anxiously awaited the time she would say daddy. She said momma before she was one, but she just didn't say daddy. She would call him momma sometimes, but she usually just called him "bub". It drove him crazy, and I had great pleasure in her calling him "bub. It just killed him that his little girl would say momma, but not daddy. She loved her daddy so very much, but just wouldn't call him dad. Finally, when she was about 18 months old, she started calling him daddy instead of "bub". I can't tell you how happy it made him. The first time she called him daddy, his face just beamed.
The other thing that just melts his heart is when he comes home, she'll run to the top of the stairs to wait for him. He just loves it. She'll now say "hi daddy", all the time or "bye-bye daddy" when he's leaving. It still means so much to him.
She'll give kisses sometimes, but she's usually a pretty big stickler with kisses. It's pretty rare she'll give them. Last night, when I was putting her to bed, I asked her if she wanted to give Zach a hug. She promptly gave him a hug, and then a kiss on the cheek. I asked her if she wanted to give Nathan a hug, and she ran full speed to the bathroom where he was brushing his teeth, and she gave him a hug and a kiss. I picked her up to put her in bed, and asked for a kiss too. She told me no. I asked her again for a kiss and she said no again. I never got a kiss.
This morning when Jeff left for work, she actually gave him a couple of kisses as he was leaving for work. All three of our kids have tried to kiss him on the lips at one point and he wants nothing to do with it. He only wants kisses on the cheek from them. When Addi was trying to give him a kiss this morning, she really wanted to kiss him on the lips, and he kept avoiding it until she gave him a kiss on the chin. After she gave him a kiss on the chin, he put her down on the ground. She then asked for a kiss from him, which he gave her on her cheek. It's so fun to watch the two of them together.

No comments: