Thursday, April 9, 2009

This weeks events

So, we're making the leap and bought bunk beds for the boys. I hope it'll be a good thing. They haven't shared a room before but they are really excited to. I just hope things go well and they don't keep each other up all night.
I went to work on Tuesday and, as usual, stayed past bedtime. When I got home, I was very tired. The lights were off and I immediately climbed into bed. As I was getting into bed, I noticed that the bed was little higher than normal. Jeff and I had talked about getting a new frame for our bed since ours wasn't very sturdy and had one picked out, but I was still debating if we were going to get it. Without me knowing, he bought the bed and had it all set up when I got home. As I was climbing into bed, I felt the frame and figured out that's what he had done. It was a very nice surprise!
On another note, I was vacuuming Zach's room today and he wanted to vacuum. We have had fights at our house as to who gets to vacuum and there have been a few times that after I vacuum, the boys each have to take a turn. Anyhow, I thought it was safe for Zach to vacuum since his room was all cleaned up with the exception of one small bin of toys that were all in the bin. I left the room and a minute later it sounded like the vacuum was having issues. I ran in, thinking he had gotten the power cord. The vacuum was smoking slightly (poor thing). I looked at the brush and Zach had vacuumed up a little "squishy tube" for lack of a better word. It's a toy that was given to him that's about 6-8 inches long, about 2-3 inches tall and wide that's filled with squishy goo. Amazingly the thing didn't pop when he vacuumed it. I had the joy of unscrewing the bottom of the vacuum, but I was able to pull it out and both the toy and the vacuum are fine. Nathan was at a friend's house so he missed out on the fun.

No comments: