So, last weekend my niece, Celeste was baptized. They live in a tiny town about 6 1/2 hours away. We were all planning on leaving last Friday, but since I was in the hospital on Wednesday with pneumonia, I was banned from going by both Jeff and his mom. Since I came home Wednesday night from the hospital, I decided I'd be fine with Jeff going to the baptism without me. I decided it'd be better and easier if Zach stayed home, but Nate would go with Jeff. My plan was to stay home and recoup.
Nate and Jeff took off on Friday a little later than planned, but apparently they had a pretty uneventful trip down. They stayed the night the lodge in town and, other than Jeff being bitten by a spider the size of a cough drop, they had an uneventful night.
The town is pretty tiny and it's just a branch instead of a ward. The building is pretty tiny as well. Because it's a branch building, apparently the baptismal font is actually located in the floor of the kitchen that's usually covered by a metal floor or grate. I haven't seen it, but apparently it does the job. It was a good experience for Nate and we were able to talk about the reason for being baptized. He seemed to really enjoy it.
After the baptism, they had a lunch and then they took off for Goblin Valley since it's kind of on the way home. Nate had a ball at Goblin Valley and the slot canyons near by. Jeff said he's all boy in that he was all about running and climbing and jumping. If you haven't been, Goblin Valley is kind of a little boys paradise. Nate is also an avid rock collector and I was told that he had is pockets so full of rocks that his pants were falling down because of the weight and he had to hold them up with one hand. Funny funny kid.
I was sad I missed out, but I'm glad it was a good experience for them. Zach and I were boring, but we had a good weekend just chilling out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment