Saturday, January 10, 2009

Talking up a storm

Ever since he was a baby, Nathan has been a talker. He's not as much as he used to, but he's told me all sorts of stories for a long time. I'm really impressed with his thought process as well as what he talks about. Yesterday, he was asking me about dinosaurs and about cannons. I'm not sure why he asked about them together, but we had a conversation all about both. Every day is an adventure.
Zach hasn't been as much of a talker, but he can still tell me all sorts of stories. His vocabulary and thought process have really expanded lately and it's fun to listen to some of the things he thinks about. Last night, Jeff was reading the boys Clifford books that we just got from Grandma and Grandpa. One book was about names and naming the characters in the book. Jeff was asking the boys if they knew the names of the characters and he asked the boys about one. Nathan had no clue, but Zach popped up and said "T-bone", which was the name. We were both pretty amazed. Of course, this could mean he watches too much TV, but even so we were impressed.
Another example was Zach was in the bathroom the other day when I was doing my makeup. We had a conversation about how boys don't wear makeup, just Mom's wear makeup. I little while later, Zach came up to Jeff and said something about, "You no makeup Dad". We get little snippets like that all the time. I might just start talking my ear off soon too.

No comments: