Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fun Run/ Field day

I'm so proud of my boys! They did the fun run today for their school and they did awesome! Zach came in second for all of the kindergarten boys! It was very very close, but Nate came in 3rd for the second grade boys! They did so amazing! Jackson, their cousin ran with the 1st grade boys and, although he didn't place, he ran hard and we are very proud of him too!
I helped out at Zach's field day with the kindergartener's and man, I am exhausted. I didn't know I would be helping out until yesterday and was then informed this morning that I got to design and run the obstacle course station. I was able to use the school's equipment and come up with an obstacle course. I had four groups of between 10-14 kids that came through the rotations. When I designed it, I didn't realize I would be actually doing it as many times as it did. Between the design, demonstration, and then races with some of the kids who didn't have a kid to race against, I probably ran it about 20 or more times in an hour and 15 minutes. Man, I am still exhausted. It was fun though and I just adore these kids. Kindergartener's are such fun. I've been helping out in Zach's class on Mondays for the last few months. There are a couple of the girls in his class who will randomly come up and give me a hug. Very sweet.
I did the same thing with Nathan's classes in both kindergarten and first grade, but his teacher this year has two aids and I didn't get to help except for the Halloween party. Man, I really love this school. Nathan is in 2nd grade and his is already doing multiplication. School has gotten a lot harder then it used to!

No comments: