Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Valentine's Day

It's really crazy at our house right now, but we try to keep up with things. We've never done a lot of Valentine's Day, but usually hang out with each other. My husband did give me one of the best gifts EVER! I try to make a nice dinner instead of going out to dinner and I had asked him what he wanted to do. We've done shrimp and crab legs and stuff in the past. He texted me and said he would take care of it. That night, he came home from work and made us yummy pork chops and mashed potatoes. I am a huge sucker for mashed potatoes, which he knows. Once upon a time we used to have an annual Christmas party with the company he worked with for 11 years. They did catered dinners and would sometimes do it through Wallaby's and they had the BEST mashed potatoes. So, for Valentine's day, my husband found the recipe for the Wallaby's smashers potatoes and made them. It was fantastic! I had the leftovers for lunches for the rest of the week.
The boys also did Valentine's for school parties and made Valentine's boxes. I've never been very creative with those, but we came up with these boxes. In case you are wondering why Nate's box is so much smaller, that is the box his teacher provided them to use. With the little time we had that day, the boys were pretty happy with them. After all,what says Valentine's Day and love like Angry Birds and monsters!


No comments: