This is a more serious post, for my own benefit, so you can all ignore it. I just need to put it in writing for myself so I can look back at it in years to come. Writing has become very therapeutic for me.
We have had a few struggles during the last few years including job losses, disappointments, and the like. Sometimes I feel like I'm hitting my head against the wall, if that makes any sense. However, it seems like no matter what we've been faced with, things have always worked out in the end. Sometimes it's frustrating to watch when other people get their "big break", and I wonder when our big break is going to be, but I think I've just had to learn a thing or two about faith. I need to be truly joyful for those who've been blessed and realize that I've been blessed in so many ways. Before we had kids, I had been employed at the same job. I had this realization one day that I felt like I had been guided to that job by a Father in Heaven who loves me. You can all think I'm crazy, but that's truly how I felt. To give you some background, I had done an internship the semester I got engaged, and at the end of the semester I was offered a job at that law office. It was a dream come true since the job offer was in April and we were getting married in June. The job was great until we lost our biggest clients and I got laid off the end of July. we were crushed, but hopeful that I would find something. I looked for a job and on my first day of unemployment, I got a call from one of the places I had submitted my resume. I went in for an interview three hours later and got the job by the end of the day. It was a struggle at first, but I eventually fell in love with the job. This job, although frustrating at times, as been a huge blessing in my life. In fact, our lives would be dramatically different without my employment. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and was looking out for me. My job loss ended up being one of the best things that could have happened to me.
I know I need to look at the struggles and trials we have been through in the same light, as hard as it is sometimes. That the trials we have are for our own benefit and make us into the people we need to be. I know I'm a different person I was 10 years ago, and I hope that I'm a better person because of the things I've been through. I also know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me, is looking out for me, and that if I'm doing what I'm supposed to, that things will always work out in the end. I just have to have faith that as long as I'm doing what I'm supposed to and I'm doing my part, that things will work out in the end. I was devastated when I got laid off, but it ended up being one of the best things that could have happened. I just have to have faith that no matter what life brings, it will all work out in the end. Please don't think that anything really major has happened in our life, at least I hope we haven't had any major changes again. I'm just having one of my moments that I'm overwhelmed with all that life brings and need to step back and realize how truly blessed I am. there are so many people that have been, and continues to be, faced with so many more challenges then I have. I know I've been blessed in countless ways and I just have to stop and count my blessings to realize how lucky I truly am. This is my own rambling attempt to start to count my blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are awesome Mel! I am so glad to know you!
Post a Comment