Friday, December 2, 2011

Church

Once again, I still have a million posts to do, but I need to jot this down before I forget. We went to church on Sunday, which is not uncommon. However, there were some memorable things I needed to jot down. During sacrament meeting, Addi was asked if she needed to go potty, and she said yes. So, I took her to the bathroom. We get in the stall and I asked her if she needed to go potty, and she refused. I tolds her she neede to go and she wouldn't. trying to be patient, I asked her if we could choose a differnet stall and she would go potty and she was excited about that. So, we went in a difff stall and asked if she need dto go potty. She refused, again. Trying to be patient, I asked her if we wetn tinto the bathoroom inthe nursery room if she would go potty. She liked that idea and so went in an sshe went to the bathroom without any issues or problems. I'm just telling this story because it's very fitting of my daugther. She needed to bgo the bathroom, but it all had to be on her terms for her to actually do it. Seriously, how many kids have to go into three different places before they would actually do the thing they nnow they ned to do. I am learning patience with this one. I think.

Zach was a good boy in church and listed and behavied. nothing really mmoementso about Zach on this particular day, but I'm produ of him for being such a good kid. H'e;s always very sweet about holding open the door for people, including at school.

My other story is about Nathan. I'm his primary teacher and we went from sacrament to the primary room for sharing time. When we sat down in sharing time, I made a comment to Nate and a girl in his class about how cold it was in there and I was rubbing my arms because it was cold. Without being asked, without being prompted, or anything like that, Nathan took off the jacket he was wearing and put it around my shoulders since I was cold. That just totally melted my heart. He's such a sweet, thoughtful kid. Very tenderhearted. I was very touched. He's always trying to think of others.

No comments: