Friday, May 7, 2010

Recyling!

Our city FINALLY has decided to go forward with curb side recycling every other week. There was a big delay because people wanted a chance to opt out of the program, which I don't understand because the cost is less than $7.00 a month. Anyhow, after months of delay, they finally dropped off the container for recycling on Wednesday. So, maybe it's pathetic, but I am SO excited about it! I've wanted a better option for recycling for quite some time and it makes me feel better that I'm able to. I know, it may be silly but I am about giddy about it. I've been recycling my cans, bags, and paper for quite a while, but it's easier to do it now and I have more options. I just got my container on Wednesday and it's about 3/4 of the way full from the cans and other stuff I've been saving for a while. My husband calls me a hippie, at least in regards to this. Wahoo for recycling!

1 comment:

Nicol said...

We've been dealing with the same thing here. My new recycling can was dropped off this past week too. I look forward to going down to one trash can!