Jeff went four wheeling this past weekend and had a pretty good time, though all three guys had some mechanical problems with their four-wheelers. His brother had to get a new battery and Jeff has to get new hubs on his bike. Even with the problems, they still had a pretty good time.
While he was away, I tried to get caught up on stuff. I wasn't able to get everything I wanted to done, but I was able to get through all the peaches from our tree. I cut them up and have them in freezer bags. We love to make peach smoothies throughout the year with them. Ok, so I've made it through the apricot tree, the plum tree, and now the peach tree. That just leaves the two apple trees. I've got one fridge full of apples and the other half full. Anyone want apples???? I still have to pick a bunch, but hopefully I'll get through it soon. Jeff's mom offered me grapes so I think I'm making grape juice again this year. Fruit trees are great, but my goodness they can be overwhelming. If you're in the area I'm happy to share!
Finally, this may seem silly but I'm quite proud of myself. While Jeff was gone, I had the car and the truck. Our garage is a two car deep, one car wide. That means we can only pull one car out at at time. While Jeff was gone I had planned on driving the car since it gets much better gas mileage. However, the battery decided to die on the car. Our sweet neighbor was able to take Nate to school (thanks David!) since I was stranded. After Nate got off to school, I was able to put the car in neutral and push it out of the driveway and down by the plum tree so I could get the truck out. Granted, its a small car, but it's still heavy and I felt pretty empowered. Go me! The battery got charged when Jeff got home and it's running, so hopefully he'll get it replaced today and we'll be all good.
Finally, Nate went on his first school field trip on Friday. They went to Hew Haw's farm/pumpkin patch and had a great time. He had been SOOO excited for it, partly because he got to ride a school bus for the first time. They got to pick a pumpkin from the patch and really enjoyed it. We've been to this pumpkin patch in the past with the joy schools I've done for Nate's age, but he thought this was extra special because of the school bus. He loves school and has had a ton of fun with it. He's made Mini-books at school and he loves to read them. We love school!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mel, I would LOVE some apples. I am currently dieting....and am trying to eat more fruits. :) you can give daren a call, or have jeff call him, or you can call me, my number is 801-362-2084 whenever you are free. there is always email too. or i am sure we can figure something out. i love reading your blog.
playing with your boys yesterday at grandmas was so fun! they make me smile
Post a Comment