My baby boy turned three last week. I made him pancakes in the morning and put candles in them to blow out. He thought that was pretty cool. He also got a two wheel scooter like his big brother and he thought that was awesome. He's dragged his scooter everywhere with him and man, he can ride that thing well. Great balance. We went to dinner for his birthday that night and the boys were great. Addison was great too. She was a happy girl who just smiled and kicked away while siting in her car seat.
On Sunday, we had cake and ice cream at our house for anyone who wanted to come. I am always touched about our sweet and loving family members who come to these things to celebrate my boys birthdays. Thank you for being the sweet people you are. It means so much to have such support. Anyhow, Zach had a great time. He loved spending time with our extended family, loved opening presents, and loved the chocolate cake and ice cream. I hope I can always remember how he says chocolate. It's adorable. I need to have it videotaped. He got a fishing pole, which he's excited about and tried to cast inside the house (not a good idea), a baseball and a bat (which he loved practicing with), a fishing game (which he loves), motorcycles, a monster truck and missionary money (fabulous!). He got a set of Lego's, which the next morning Nathan put the set together all by himself (we were impressed) and Zach had played with those and dragged them all over. We went to the store and he put them in a bag to take with him. I let him with the understanding they were to be left in the store. Zach also loved his birthday cards which are proudly sitting on his dresser.
For Zach's birthday, Grandma and Grandpa he also got this inflatable castle (on clearance for a KILLER deal) which is massive, and now sitting in my living room/kitchen area. The boys have had a ball with it and will run into it shouting "cannonball!!!". It came with two inflatable swords to "protect the castle" and are now being used as light sabers. It also came with 25 balls. It's crazy and massive (relatively speaking), but the boys have had a ball with it. They had a couple of friends over today and at one point, I had five kids sitting inside the castle eating pretzels and just hanging out.
I also promised the boys I would take them to the dinosaur museum or Zach's birthday, since with the discount it would only be $6 to get me and the kids in. However, everyone else loved the idea of a discount as well, so we sat in line for about 45 minutes before we were able to get in. Crazy. I asked the boys if they really wanted to stay in line and they said yes, of course. So we waited. And waited. When we were able to get in, they had a great time and really seemed to enjoy it. Addison slept for the most part and overall it was a fun morning. I'm glad they had a lot of fun.
So, it was the birthday that kept going on. And on. But we all had a great time. It's crazy to think that my baby boy is already three. In no time he'll be off to kindergarten as well. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment