I've thought about this post for a while. I know I have been blessed in so many ways. I have a wonderful family, with cute adorable little boys and a wonderful husband. I've been blessed to have a roof over my head and food in my cupboards. I've been blessed to have the gospel in my life and have the knowledge of my Heavenly Father and Savior's love for me. There are times where I am amazed at how blessed I am.
I'm also dealing with some challenges right now. Trying to work while being a mom of too little boys has been a blessing and a challenge. I have an amazing situation where I get to work from home and usually set my own hours. I go into work just on Tuesdays (which are very, very long days), but other than that I'm home. I feel so blessed that I get to be home with my children and experience their youth and watch them grow. I get to be with them for all, but that one day a week. I think it's been a good experience for them, where they get to play with their best friend. I know I've got an amazing situation. However, it has been a challenge for me. Trying to juggle everything has been really hard. There are times where I get so jealous of the other young mom's who don't have to work. Who can sleep in, who don't have the same pressures, and don't have to juggle. Based on what's going on with work, there are times where I have worked into the early hours of the morning, or woken up very early to try to get a project done. However, I know I have an amazing situation and I truly have been blessed. I have to remind myself at times how lucky I am. Thankfully, I'm only working part-time (for the most part). I also know that there are so many people who are dealing with so many more challenges than I am. I also have an amazing job, with an amazing boss, and staff that are wonderful to work with my crazy schedule. With how crazy the economy has been, I'm grateful to have steady employment. I know the challenges that we do face are individualized and meant to develop in us the characters we need in order to live with our Heavenly Father again. However, there are some days that are just hard.
With all that said, I know that I truly have been blessed and I feel grateful for all that I have. My boys (Jeff, Nathan and Zach) are wonderful and I don't know how I deserve them. It's been a joy to spend my life with them.
1 comment:
Mel, You do an amazing job at juggling everything! I know it is hard. I went to school when Missy was little and worked from home doing projects here an there when the kids were younger. Hang in there and know that you are doing a great job!
Post a Comment